Welcome to the Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Quay Lane Surgery
Who are we and what are we doing?
- We are a group of patients dedicated to improving communication and co-operation between the practice and its patients to the benefit of both thereby fostering the highest possible standards of primary care.
- There are two different types of membership – full and virtual. A full member attends meetings and can vote and make decisions, whilst our virtual members can be involved by sending ideas and concerns by email to the Chair and can access minutes of meetings and other information on the practice website. We are not a platform for complaints or personal grievances.
- We have been supporting Quay Lane Surgery and actively working with other patients to provide assistance throughout the COVID - 19 pandemic. We provide a medicine delivery service for patients identified by the practice as most vulnerable.
- We are funding medical and ancillary equipment for the main and branch surgery that is not provided by the NHS to enhance patient experience.
- We are actively involved and represented at the East Cornwall PPG Umbrella meetings and one of these members represents East Cornwall PPGs on the:
Citizens Advisory Panel - (CAP) an independent group consisting of ten lay members, NHS Kernow’s Senior Manager and Engagement Manager and representatives from Healthwatch Cornwall and Volunteer Cornwall. Focus is on improving public, patient and community consultation and engagement in the development of local health, social care and wellness issues.
Patient Council - University Hospital Plymouth Derriford - a group committed to ensuring that the patient and carer voice is heard when development and running of health services within the hospital are considered.
—————————————————————————————————For more information and if you would like to join us - please contact:
Mrs Claire Croft - PPG Chair - by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mrs Debbie Todd - Practice Manager - by writing to Quay Lane Surgery, Old Quay Lane, St Germans, Saltash PL12 5LH